Slideshow test

davej

I'm actually not sure what you are asking for. What is happening vs. what you expect to happen? Is this a question about optimization or implementation?

I'm actually not sure what you are asking for. What is happening vs. what you expect to happen? Is this a question about optimization or implementation?
Yes, why isn't it working? My ping average is 33 milliseconds so I should not see an image load time of 0ms. Edited by davej

Any image in your cache will load with almost zero latency. Since your thumbnails ARE the images, even if you clear your cache, loading the thumbnail page will load all those images into cache again. I see no way of getting a load time in your slideshow without manually clearing your cache and programmatically going around the load-thumbnails stage.

Any image in your cache will load with almost zero latency. Since your thumbnails ARE the images, even if you clear your cache, loading the thumbnail page will load all those images into cache again. I see no way of getting a load time in your slideshow without manually clearing your cache and programmatically going around the load-thumbnails stage.
I've cleared my cache and the thumbnails are now from a folder of thumb images. For this page the total of all the thumbs is about 2MB for the initial page load while each slideshow image is about 140KB. Edited by davej

It looks like you tried some debugging in your gettime function. Try expanding that with this: title.innerHTML = time0 + ", " + time1; just to see what those values really are.

So I must create a new date object every time I want to record the timer value. That was my problem. Thanks.

Edited by davej