Unable to find class for driver smtp

ArtbyPatrick

Hello everyone,

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this question but here it is. I have been working on trying to get an online form to be able to send email to my customer. It worked before until early last month.

I've checked a lot of forums on the question, installed PEAR packages, Net packages, reworked the Mail.php file, I tryed using sendmail, that did not work either.

My customer want's to be able to use SMTP. I know that I am missing something but I am not sure what as my PHP is in its beginning stages.

Can someone help me?

thx in advance

what changed from when it worked, to when it stopped working? what kind of error messages did you get when it stopped working?

I moved some stuff around for the includes and this is what I get as error messages:

Warning: include_once(Net/SMTP.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/U/n/i/UnisonDigital/html/includes/classes/Mail/smtp.php on line 348Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'Net/SMTP.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/U/n/i/UnisonDigital/html/includes/classes/Mail/smtp.php on line 348Fatal error: Class 'Net_SMTP' not found in /home/content/U/n/i/UnisonDigital/html/includes/classes/Mail/smtp.php on line 349

in Mail/smtp.php line 348 and 349 read:

include_once 'Net/SMTP.php';

$this->_smtp = &new Net_SMTP($this->host,
$this->port,
$this->localhost);
is the Net folder to be in the Mail folder or should it be out?

According to the link, I have to chenge the php5.ini, I changed it but it doesnt seem to work: here is what I get as a message now:

Warning: require(includes/configure.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/U/n/i/UnisonDigital/html/includes/application_top.php on line 29Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.;C:phppear') in /home/content/U/n/i/UnisonDigital/html/includes/application_top.php on line 29

had to remove it because the whole site was down now

what am I doing wrong?

I can't tell what you're doing wrong, I don't know what you changed in php.ini. Is the include path correct? I've mentioned the include path a couple times, have you verified what it is set to and that it includes the path to Pear?