object of class MySqli cannot be converted to string

jimfog

I am trying to run a query and I get the above error.

Usually, and as far as I know. the above error appear when you are trying to get something out of the db.

Here I am just trying to insert data coming from a form with the POST method.

Here is the function that tries to make the insertion-it is for registering a user to the site.

function register_enduser($post,$connection)        {           $name = $connection->real_escape_string($_POST['name']);     $lastname = $connection->real_escape_string($_POST['lastname']);     $email = $connection->real_escape_string($_POST['e-mail']);     $pass_hashed = password::hash($_POST['password']);      $passwd = $connection->real_escape_string( $pass_hashed);     $usertype= $_POST['usertype'];//     dump($post);     $connection->set_charset("utf8");     $result = $connection->query("select * from users where email='" . $email . "'");     if (!$result) {         throw new Exception('Error');         return false;     }     elseif ($result->num_rows > 0) {         $errorclass['existentemail'] = 'There is already such an email.';         return false;     } else {         $result1 = $connection->query("insert into users values         (NULL,'".$name."','".$lastname ."','".$email."','".$passwd."','".$pass_hashed. "', '".$usertype. "')")or die($connection);     }     if (!$result1) {         throw new Exception('error.');         return false;     }      return true; }

The error appear in the $result1 query, the second query performed, not the first one.

forget it...I found it.