A single page solution for my website

rmcellig

At the present this is my current website www.mcran.com

The problem I am having is how to present all the radio shows I have done over the years including playlists so that visitors could easily access them.

I started thinking on a one page solution as follows. These buttons or tabs would run along the top. When you click on a year, the shows and if there is a playlist would appear below on the same page.

2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009 - 2008.

Years ago I did something like this when I was using the Mac web creation app called Rapidweaver. I no longer use this app. At the moment I am using Yola.com.

This is the Rapidweaver site I had a few years ago and this is the page that I am interested in when it comes to functionality. Click on a year, info is presented on the same page. Sounds pretty cool and user friendly to visitors to a page like that.

http://67.20.76.108/~mcrancom/radionew/radionew.html

Please let me know if this is possible to create the same kind of functionality for my site using maybe HTML and or something else?

Thanks!

Randy

www.mcran.com

its definitely possible to pull this off. you'll need html, css and javascript, and possibly quite a lot of it. have the tabs along the top and then put your shows and playlist, by year, in separate div tags. now all but one tag will have a css property display:none to hide them. while tabs will have a javascript event that, when clicked on, set all these divs to have a display none and then set the div with the playlists and shows you want to show to display:block to show the div. rather you could use a framework to do that for you. for example jQuery UI's tabs feature build the html, then simply run the jquery: $("#tabs").tabs(); and Jquery's ui will handle most of the rest of the javascripting and even css connections to give you the proper tab interface you wanted does yola.com allow you to upload your own html/css/javascript code files?