Center background image

enimy6

I have an image that's 1920x1080 pixels, I wish to set it as a background image for my website; but I don't want to resize it or anything, I want it to 'center' to the content, and regardless of the user's screen size stay to the center.

The bigger the screen the more the user will see of the image,

the same concept Newgrounds has (http://www.newgrounds.com) on my laptop I only see the content, but my computer has a 1900x1080 resolution so I see more of the background..

I'm having trouble explaining what I want but I hope I'm clear enough

EDIT:

Also I was wondering how 'strict' is the copyright in web design? I know YouTube has like, a zero tolerance concerning music.. is it a bad idea to use images i found on the internet for my background? I kinda photoshopped it after, but it's till mostly the same image (there are no people showing on it, it's a drawing of a fictional city)

Edited by enimy6

Just setting the image as the background of the <body> and setting background-position to top center should work.

Copyright is as strict in web design as anywhere else, it's a law that applies to everybody regardless of what field their publications are in. However, until the company actually files a copyright claim against you, you aren't caught and won't have any trouble. Large companies don't usually go around the internet taking down websites because it's counterproductive.