Tryit Editor v1.8: Error with long XML files

MoritzPastow

Hi guys,

I use the Tryit Editor v1.8 to display xml files without code. I do that to provide correction sheets for a translation agency which needs only the real content of xml files from the translation tool. (You don't really have to understand the whole workflow :-) ). This is probably a function, the editor was never built for but nevertheless it worked out fine for me so far.

http://www.w3schools.com/xml/tryit.asp?filename=tryxml_display_table

Now I encountered a problem: When you enter long xml files in the Source Code section compiling ends up with an error. I am pretty sure that it's a matter of length, because code is identically in both short and long files. And the behaviour occurs only in long files.

So my question is: Do you guys (or the guy who built the tool) have any idea how to make the long xml files work in the editor?

Regards

Moritz

I believe textareas have a size limit in some browsers, possibly 65536 characters. It's not just the TryIt editor, but any <textarea> element on the internet. It might be best if you built an application with PHP or some other server-side language that reads XML files and outputs the data in the format you need it. Another option is XSL stylesheets.