Child to parent messaging within iframes

walla

Hello,
I am trying to postMessage to the parent and can't make it work.
I tried to manipulate it in many ways, here is the last try, that also doesn't work.
Will appreciate any kind of help.
Thanks
This is the receiver:
<html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head>    <meta charset="utf-8" />   <title>receiver</title></head><body><iframe id="receiver">   <script type="text/javascript">      window.addEventListener('message', receiveMessage, false);       function receiveMessage(evt)        {           alert("got message: " + evt.data);       }   </script>         <iframe id="sender" src="./sender.html"></iframe></iframe><div>Please wait..</div></body></html>
And here is the sender:
<html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head>    <meta charset="utf-8" />    <title>sender</title></head><body><div>sender..</div>    <script type="text/javascript">        var id= "12345667";var o = parent.getElementById('receiver');        o.postMessage(id, '*');    </script></html>

Is the sender.html being loaded correctly (i.e. you can see the text in the body on the page)? are you checking for errors in the console?

A couple things:

1. I'm not sure why you have your script code in receiver in an iFrame though. Just put the javascript in the <head> and the sender iframe in the <body>
  2. With that, you probably want to send postMessage right to parent.

Edited by thescientist

The content within iframe tags is meant to be displayed if the browser doesn't support iframes. You need to make a separate HTML document to put that script in, which you have to put as the src attribute of the iframe.

• Like 1

The content within iframe tags is meant to be displayed if the browser doesn't support iframes. You need to make a separate HTML document to put that script in, which you have to put as the src attribute of the iframe.

Thanks! :)