comparing strings

jimfog

so it sounds like might need to delimit the value then, so you can break it apart on the server side

<option value="11232535345|234345345">10:00AM - 11:00AM</option>

There is a misunderstanding here.The start and end date are not the start and end of the 24h period as the dropdown option values must cover butthe start and end of an event...that can be 10:00 to 11:00 for example.

So then set them to the start and end of the period you want to show for the dropdown. I'm not talking about an event, I'm talking about showing the options for the dropdown. What are you talking about?

Oh I get it. Your timestamp is the starting point and you need to show a bunch of dates in intervals after that till a determined endtime.

No....the dropdown option values(timestamps) must span all the 24h.

The start/end dates I mention are selected by the user when clicking in the calendar...at that point a dialog box appears with selected dates depicted in two dropdown menus. The user though...might decide to choose other dates from the menus...just like in outlook.com calendar.

Here is the fiddle http://jsfiddle.net/fiddlehunt/5xsxP/...go to weekview and click a slot to see the dialog box...see the HTML also...

so it sounds like might need to delimit the value then, so you can break it apart on the server side

<option value="11232535345|234345345">10:00AM - 11:00AM</option>

Τhat wont'be necessary cause I use 2 menus,one for the start date and the other for the end date.Just go and see the fiddle.