Hello with positioning my list

Amazin

need help with my with HTML and CSS!I created a horizontal list under the header. My plan to cutomise it and make them look more fashionable. I might even move it inside the header! However for some reason they're out of position compare to other parts on the page. I want the list to be under "about".

#first ul li { display: inline;}

<div id="first"><ul><li><a href=#>p1</a></li><li><a href=#>p2</a></li><li><a href=#>p3</a></li><li><a href=#>p4</a></li></ul></div>

do you see anything wrong with my code? I don'tpinch.gif

inline_zpscd76ab18.png

This would be my crude concept...

<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head><meta charset="utf-8"><title>title</title><style>*{margin:0;padding:0;}#first ul li{ display: inline;height:20px;border:1px solid #19F;border-radius:5px;/*list-style:none;*/margin:20px;background-color:#ddd;}#first ul li a{text-decoration:none;margin:150px 20px;}#header{height: 50px;background-color:#ddd;border:10px solid #19F;text-align:center;margin:20px;}#header h1 {color:#19F;}</style></head><body><div id="header"><h1>This is my world</h1></div><div id="first"><ul><li><a href=#>about</a></li><li><a href=#>p1</a></li><li><a href=#>p2</a></li><li><a href=#>p3</a></li><li><a href=#>p4</a></li></ul></div></body></html>