Is it a bad js-code or something else?

eld

Hi! It`s about an user account in an online business directory. There is a problem with the addresses and phone numbers and I`m trying to fix it by putting some js-code along with other info. The admin-page looks like this: http://1drv.ms/1iLThHQ and the public-page is here: aptekizapad.informator.bg (desctop-version) and here: www.informator.bg/cgi-bin/mobile/index.pl?_state=Info&ID=1000117008&br=1 (mobile version). Addresses point to google maps and they not all work very well as I can`t use 2 different strings – the address to display and a string for google maps to search (either the address itself or coordinates). This I managed to fix in desctop-version by replacind address-links using js-code (see page source, row 135). It seems that the same aproach doesn`t work for mobile version. Even an alert doesnt appear there (I used this: <script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { alert(); }); </script>). I don`t know if the mobile-version blocks my js somehow or my approach is wrong (there is jquery mobile used in mobile-version if this matters).P.S. I hope I managed to explain as a non-native english speaker. I know what I`m trying to do is not the proper way to fix the problems, but as long as this busines directory keeps their web-site buggy, this is my best idea to something about it. If there is similar topic in the forum, please post a link.

If you're testing to see if Javascript works, don't use jQuery.

Test the alert on its own:

<script type="text/javascript"> alert(1); </script>

There's no way that can't work, which makes me believe jQuery's probably not being included properly.