i really need help with PHP, registering new users to website.

eAx

Hi guys,

I'm trying to learn PHP and I am almost done with the tutorial. But somehow I am still incapable of actually writing the most simple script to actually register a new user to my website and not just validating the form. There was nothing in the tutorial that provided a link to MySql download.. do I just google this? I downloaded the WebMatrix and I was looking around on it and found you can start a database there. I've skimmed thru most of the PHP tutorial but somehow I missed the part where I can actually let someone register and not just validate the data on the form. Or is it just me and I'm not really learning the tutorial properly?

Thanks guys!

If you want to set up a PHP development environment, the easiest way is probably to download a package like XAMPP. That will set you up with a web server (Apache), PHP configured with the web server, MySQL, and phpMyAdmin to use with the database. The benefit of that is that they are configured to work with each other. Otherwise, you can install your own web server (Apache, Microsoft IIS, nginx, etc), download and install PHP and configure it to work with the web server, download and install MySQL, etc. If you do that you'll spend more time configuring everything to work but you'll probably have a better understanding of how it all works. You don't need to configure MySQL to work with anything else, you just need to install it so that it starts the database server and listens for connections from things like PHP. You do need to configure the web server to work with PHP though, but the PHP manual has instructions.http://php.net/manual/en/install.phphttps://dev.mysql.com/downloads/windows/installer/