Passing Javascript info to Python?

Guest mdunnbass

Guest mdunnbass

Hi all.first off - I learned javascript and css both solely through playing with the W3schools tutorials, and I love this site. so, to any and all involved in running the site, thank you.OK, now on to my question. I know that w3schools doesn't offer a python tiutorial (that I've seen), so if this is not the appropriate place, then please forgive my ignorance.I have a web form that accepts input from the user. On the server side, there is a script that I'm writing that will be in Python. Unfortunately for me (since I don't know it), the Python aspect is non-negotiable. The simplest explanation of the form in question is that based on user defined input, when you hit the submit button, a few standalone variables along with a variable number of arrays of variable lenth are intended to be passed to the Python script on the server. The standalone variables actually specify how many arrays, and what length each of them will be, as well as define which subroutines I plan to pass the data through.So, the root of the question is, how should I get the data to the script, and do I need to do anything to have javascript make the output into a format that python will understand?I am sorry if that is convoluted. I know that I should really be pasting the script here, but, well, the script is rather lengthy, and I figured it would be better not to drive people off.instead, here's links to the main script in question:http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~mdunn/Lab/squirtscript.jsas well as the page that it is made for:http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~mdunn/Lab/cionaenhancer.htmThe main purpose of the site is for bioinformatics work, which I am just starting to dabble in on the side in my graduate work. It will be a program to search for binding sites for specific proteins within a specified genome.Thank you for your time/thoughts/help, and if there's anything else I can add to clear this up, I'll be glad to tell you.