Values from form Menu to be written as text

kvnmck18

I'm tryign to get a javascript that when you select an option from the menu it writes the value in text not in a form. I've been trying too long and still no progress. It'd be nice if you could make the value write in a div. This is what I have so far I just left the input box so you could see where I am coming from (though I want it gone and the "value text" to be presented in a <div> "value" </div>___________________________________________________<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function openKindofSel(){var kind_open=document.getElementById("kind")document.getElementById("show").value=kind_open.options.value}</script></head><body><form><select id="kind" onchange="openKindofSel()"> <option>select</option><option value="//pic[@category=kitchen]">Kitchen</option> <option value="//pic[@category=bath]">Bath</option> <option value="//pic[@category=home]">Home</option></select><input type="text" id="show"></form></body></html>___________________________________________________Thank you

Try this code.....

<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function openKindofSel(){var kind_open=document.getElementById("kind")document.getElementById("show").value=kind_open.options.valuewriteindiv(kind_open.options.value,'test')}function writeindiv(text,id){	if (document.getElementById)	{  x = document.getElementById(id);  x.innerHTML = '';  x.innerHTML = text;	}	else if (document.all)	{  x = document.all[id];  x.innerHTML = text;	}	else if (document.layers)	{  x = document.layers[id];  text2 = '<P CLASS="testclass">' + text + '</P>';  x.document.open();  x.document.write(text2);  x.document.close();	}}</script></head><body><form><select id="kind" onchange="openKindofSel()"><option>select</option><option value="//pic[@category='kitchen']">Kitchen</option><option value="//pic[@category='bath']">Bath</option><option value="//pic[@category='home']">Home</option></select><input type="text" id="show"><div style="border:1px solid black;" id="test">Text will appear here</div></form></body></html>

I've been trying this...it's close... I just need it to reload when a new one is selected.________________________________________________________<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function openKindofSel(){var kind_open=document.getElementById("kind")document.getElementById("show").value=kind_open.options.value}</script></head><body><form><select id="kind" onchange="openKindofSel()"><option value="//pic[@category]">Show All</option><option value="//pic[@category=kitchen]">Kitchen</option><option value="//pic[@category=bath]">Bath</option><option value="//pic[@category=home]">Home</option></select><input type="text" id="show"><script type="text/javascript">document.write(document.getElementById("kind").value)</script></form></body></html>

Oh, your's works great. Thanks so much. but what's wrong with mine...can you fix it?