CSS and My Site

SimplyTragic

ok so I get this email from this chick and she saids that my site looks like crap in FireFox. CSS and HTML coding is wrong. It looks good to me when I use IE... I just downloaded FF and I see what she means. I tried to fix it,but it just looks worse.Is there such a thing as correct CSS and HTML coding for IE and FF?If so could someone please tell/show me what it is?link to my site: http://www.freewebs.com/painted_memories/main.htmany help would be great. :):)

IE6 is non-compliant with css2.Normally I write a css for Firefox and adapt it for IE6.Another example of M$-CRAP's nazi-ism: "One browser for All".Can't help you much unless you post your css, but even then I wouldn't know what to fix how. I guess it's just a matter of trial and error; if something works for firefox (better yet: Opera) changes are one out of two it works for IE as well (take a margin of 1 into consideration). :)It's also possible to validate your css. The validator will be able to tell you what to change; it will work better with Firefox but 'less' with IE.

heres one:

<html><STYLE TYPE="text/css"><!--BODY {color:#ffffff;font-size:8pt;font-family:tahoma;background: url("http://www.freewebs.com/painted_memories/vexal%2Dlay%2Drepeat.PNG") repeat-y;background-color:#5f3547} line-height: 12px;letter-spacing: 1px;scrollbar-face-color: #5f3547;scrollbar-highlight-color: #C0C0C0;scrollbar-3dlight-color: #696969;scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #C0C0C0;scrollbar-shadow-color: #696969;scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF;scrollbar-track-color: #5f3547;}<!--A:link {font-weight: bold;text-transform: uppercase;text-decoration: none;color:  #696969;}A:visited {font-weight: bold;text-transform: uppercase;text-decoration: none;color: #696969;}A:hover {font-weight: bold;text-transform: uppercase;text-decoration: none;color: #696969;} h5 {text-align : left; font-family : tahoma; color : #a9a9a9; letter-spacing : 2pt; font-weight : bold; font-size : 8pt; text-transform : uppercase; border-top : 0; border-left : 0; border-right : 0; border-bottom : 2px; border-style : solid; border-color : #696969; } a.nav, a.nav:link, a.nav:active, a.nav:visited {margin-top : 1px; padding : 0 5px; color : #696969; display : block; text-transform : uppercase; } a.nav:hover {margin-top : 1px; padding : 0 5px; display : block; text-transform : uppercase; background : #5f3547; } li.newbullet {list-style-image : url(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/simplekindagirl05/Wallpapers/bull5.gif); } </style>

heres another:

<STYLE TYPE="text/css"><!--body {color:#ffffff;font-size:8pt;font-family:tahoma;background-image: url ('http://www.freewebs.com/painted_memories/vexal%2Dlay%2Drepeat.PNG');background-repeat: repeat-ybackground-color:#5f3547} line-height: 12px;letter-spacing: 1px;scrollbar-face-color: #5f3547;scrollbar-highlight-color: #C0C0C0;scrollbar-3dlight-color: #696969;scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #C0C0C0;scrollbar-shadow-color: #696969;scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF;scrollbar-track-color: #5f3547;}a:link, a:visited, a:active {text-decoration : underline;font-family : tahoma;font-size : 7.5pt;color : #f08564;cursor : default;text-transform : none;}a:hover {text-decoration : underline;font-family : tahoma;font-size : 7.5pt;color : #efa578;cursor : default;text-transform : none;}body {color : #000000;background-color : #f7f7e8;font-size : 7.5pt;font-family : tahoma;cursor : default;text-align : justify;line-height : 9pt;</style>

a link to the page would help too so we can see what it looks like in each browser

'nuf saidOn the css: check all lines if they end on ';'. In the first css, I see background color needs one, and in the second one both background color and background image. (both on body)I'll get it validated for you, and check back.EDIT: according to the css validator the stylesheet contains error.Seriously, get it validated. That's the quickest way to check what's wrong and you can still post any errors you can't work out on your own. Validated code will work with most browsers except IE6 isn't guaranteed.

Yo ST, I see you've been busy. Way to go. :)If this is a rollback from your previous site, please don't give up.