Style width stupid

Jack McKalling

Hey, what I am about to explain, I cannot support with a preview, as it is only present at an admin only part of my site.It is diffucult to explain for me, even in my motherlanguage.There are two fieldsets below eachother. Both contain a table, with two columns. The upper fieldset has in its table three rows and the lower two. The second of those two rows, has only one cell but with colspan="2".Each left cell of each row that has two cells, has been supplied class="left". This class has statements for both the width and padding. The row that has one colspanned cell has its own class, namely "centerrow". This class has the statement of only text-align (all cells have in other locations in CSS standard paddings).What the problem is, is that the upper row of the lower fieldset uses automatic calculated width for the left cell, instead of the width of the class it is wearing.I have swapped rows between fieldsets, swapped the fieldsets, altered the text of the right cell of the problem row, everything turns out that having a row below that problem row with only one but colspanned cell, the width of the problem row is automated. Please help me, the automated width is not wanted, it should be the same as the other fieldset or else it wouldn't look nice.:) thanks in advanceFunLinks_style_error.jpg

<fieldset class="navset"><legend class="navset_title">Geavanceerd</legend><table class="formview" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td class="left"><input type="radio" name="Settings" id="edit_dbase" value="queryprog" /></td><td><label for="edit_dbase">Database</label></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="centerrow"><button type="submit">Geef formulier</button></td></tr></tbody></table></fieldset>
Edited by Dan The Prof

Even if I add rows to the lower fieldset, all the two-celled rows of that fieldset get automated width, unlike the upper fieldset. The fieldsets are exactly the same, the only thing is that the lower has one cell that has colspan. If I remove that row, all goes without problems. But what the -biep- has a row with a colspanned cell to do with the width of the cells elsewhere in the same table?

Edited by Dan The Prof

Didn't seem to do anything at all.I can pretty accurately say that it is definitely the width of the left cell (with "Database" to it's right).Due to the many tests I had, I got the ultimately comclusion, that all tests resulted in, that the manual width of the column of a table cannot be recognised, and will be automatically calculated, when there is a row in that table with a colspanned cell.I can't think of any reason what that colspanned cell has to do with the width of the cells in the columns, but that is what I conclude.When I add an empty cell to the row with one cell and remove the colspan, the problem is gone. But of course, I don't want that. :)

Doesn't anybody know what I can do about this?The only thing I can come up with, is making the row with the button not related to the row with the word Database in it. By closing the table and opening a new one between these two rows. But this CANNOT be necessary, while on another page, that has exactly the same thing with other words, it does work well!There should be a reason why the button row intercepts the width of left cell above it. And I am out of ideas. Anyone, please?