Assigning text fields

Jedlag

<html><head><title>...</title><script>var one = document.form1.inputfield;//orvar two = document.getElementById('inputfield');</script></head><body><form name="form1"><input type="text" id="inputfield" name="inputfield"/></form></body></html>

Sort of like how a browser does auto complete?You could store those values in cookies then everytime the form is opened you can check for the cookies and use the values.

Sort of. What I plan to create is a database composed of information on over a hundred companies (which I haven't gotten to yet as I will need to investigate the many different formats to save it in), then I want something like Javascript to go through the DB and input that data into the application form and then submit that form to get the results which would be displayed on screen.Do you think your suggestion would work for that?

Something like PHP or Ajax?

yes.PHP or ASP or ASP.Net or whatever.AJAX is not a language per say. It is a combonation of languages. It is JavaScript, XML, and a Server Side language. The XML object lets the JavaScript (client side) talk to the PHP(server side).