DOM question

aspnetguy

I know I can get the contents of the page with document.body.innerHTML but is it possible to get the entire html code of the page?I need to get everything between <html> and </html>. Is this possibel with javascript?

I'm not very experienced at DOM, but what is the documentElement object suppose to do? On W3Schools' refence it says "Returns a reference to the root node of the document". Could it be the thing you need? Or maybe getElementsByTagName("html")?[edit] I can't believe myself. Me, a person with no JavaScript or DOM skills whatsoever, to actually help someone with a DOM problem. Just the thought of it makes me laugh :) [/edit]

I'm not very experienced at DOM, but what is the documentElement object suppose to do? On W3Schools' refence it says "Returns a reference to the root node of the document". Could it be the thing you need? Or maybe getElementsByTagName("html")?
Thank you...I feel like an idiot. I have been fighting to load a page (on same domain) in a hidden iframe then read the entire contents opf the frame to pass to ajax to then pass to .Net to generate a static page....its a long story but it is a workaround to a problem our companies CMS has with not getting indexed by google because of 2 automatic redirects the app does whne the site first loads.Anyways it works...thank you. My brain is fried today