AJAX issues....

jhecht

ok a long description.I am a professional(ish) web designer. I work mainly in the coding portion, PHP,MySQL, Javascript, VBScript, C++ etc etc. I am working for a client, and i am using AJAX for his system. NOw everyone who uses Ajax knows that an AJAX link doesnt show up in the browser so i am trying to make it so that when the user clicks the ajax link a cookie is set and if the user comes back to the page they can hit the "remember my last session" button and all the pages they were viewing last time come up again. I have the cookie working, and after some issues with wondering WHY it wouldnt work, i think i've got it almost done. Now, however, my only issue is that the function i use (i call it callCookie) finds the cookie used to save the pages(pages is the name) and then it seperates the values by the "|" character, which represents the differentiation between one id:pagename pair and another. then it splits that into the id, and the page name. And when i try to call another AJAX function to put all the pages back, it doesnt work for the first cookie ID+pagename pair because the loop goes to the next ID+pagename pair too quickly, so the first ID never gets updated. Basically, very long explaination. How can i make it so that the loop doesnt go to the next id pagename pair until the first one is finished. If you want a working example at what i've got its here at http://jhechtf.sytes.net/cookie.php;Thanks for the help.