Two Fixed backgrounds

ThePsion5

Ok, so i'm trying to create that semi-transparent feel for my website using two fixed background images, the second of which is whitewashed to look create the translucency effect. Here's the CSS for the two:

body{background: black url("http://home.gwu.edu/~sean_m/images/hosted/blueapophysis.jpg") no-repeat fixed top center;font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);}div, table{background: black url("background-light") fixed no-repeat top center;background-color: rgb(52,52,52);}

This works like a charm in firefox, but in IE the backgrounds scroll with the page and are not aligned properly, just the default top-left. Is there anything I can do about this, or am I stuck catering to IE's lack of proper CSS support?

Works fine for me - looks just the same in IE and FF (nice image by the way!). The background appears in the same place in both browsers, and remains still during both vertical or horizontal scrolling.What body contents are you using? This is what I used:

<body>		<table cellpadding="100">			<tr>				<td>table cell</td>				<td>table cell</td>				<td>table cell</td>				<td>table cell</td>			</tr>			<tr>				<td>table cell</td>				<td>table cell</td>				<td>table cell</td>				<td>table cell</td>			</tr>		</table>		<br>		<div align="left">div text</div>		<div align="center">div text</div>		<div align="right">div text</div>	</body>

Unfortunately, I'm doing this for my myspace profile. And while trying to add custom CSS to myspace is like dressing up a dead horse, I figure that it should look fairly nice as to improve my standing as a web designer, and as a personal challenge too, lol. You can find it here - The backgrounds look fine in FF but break completely in IE...unfortunately, so does the primary source of my inspiration for this design. If you can get it to work, however, then that gives me hope. :)