Assistance needed

Raj_s

hello,I am new this forum. I am not aware of webdesigning at all. i just needed to know if I can make changes in the website cause its difficult evertime to contact the web developer who designed our website. Please give detailed instructions how to go about it.raj

That depends on how the website is built. If it is just plain HTML pages (and the designer writes clean code) then it should be fairly straight forward to make simple text changes.Have a read through the HTML tutorials on www.w3schools.com and see if you think you will be able to handle that.

It is also important to know how much access you yourself have to the website, given from the designer. If you have access to the directory and the files, you can alter the files too. But if you only have access to the websites interface, the pages online I mean, then it depends on if the designer created administrator panels or whatever to enable you to change some content.But maybe this is too difficult to understand.

If you are comfortable sharing the URL, please do. I can look at the source code and tell you what you are in for. Or, load the the site yourself and view the source of your home page. If you see "Frontpage" or "Dreamweaver" or anything else in the <meta> tags for "generator" it will help figure out how your site was most likely built and what you will most likely need to do to regain control.

It is also important to know how much access you yourself have to the website, given from the designer. If you have access to the directory and the files, you can alter the files too. But if you only have access to the websites interface, the pages online I mean, then it depends on if the designer created administrator panels or whatever to enable you to change some content.But maybe this is too difficult to understand.
I have access to the administration website wherein I can configure the catalog details as we have an online shop and there is an option of tools and therein we have file manager. I have seen the source page. But still donno how to go about it.