How would I go about doing this?

Cory

I have an HTML form (code below) that I would wish to acquire a specific action, the only problem is I do not know how to acquire it with this specific action. The action I am wanting it to take is when you click the "Submit" button. When someone clicks the "Submit" button I would like the forms action to post a new post in a topic I have created with their submitted information.

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://bigboardsresources.com/index.php"><P><B>Username:</B><BR/> <INPUT NAME="username" TYPE="TEXT" SIZE="10" MAXLENGTH="32"><P><B>Email Address:</B><BR/> <INPUT NAME="email" TYPE="TEXT" SIZE="10" MAXLENGTH="50"><P><B>Board Name:</B><BR/> <INPUT NAME="name" TYPE="TEXT" SIZE="10" MAXLENGTH="20"><P><B>Board URL:</B><BR/> <INPUT NAME="URL" TYPE="TEXT" SIZE="10" MAXLENGTH="60"><P><B>Board Description:</B><BR/> <textarea cols='50' rows='5' name='description' class='textinput' tabindex="1"></textarea><P> <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT"> <INPUT TYPE="RESET"></FORM>

For instance I am using InvisionFree, I would like my HTML form to automatically post a new post with the submitted information that was submitted within the form.Anyone know how would I go about redirecting the action to a new post? Thanks for any of the help you can provide.

If you created the forum your self, you can always do that, but if it is really InvisionFree, than you can't unless you enirely recreate the form they use. Elseways you would miss some data they use in hidden fields, or have too much data thay already get from somewhere else (eg a cookie or a session). :)

My forum is in my signature. By the looks of it, I am guessing this won't only require HTML, but JavaScript submitted into the Board Wrappers as well.There's this other InvisionFree forum that does this, I'm not to sure how they do it though. Once a user fill's out this form their feedback will be submitted into the topic created as a post. In this case, Mr.Smiles is the one who left the feedback.Here's the topic where the form is located at, though you must register to view it.http://invisionfreeskins.com/index.php?showtopic=8815Quoting the first post and viewing the form they look to be using some kind of access keys, which is something I am confused about.

I think (without examining the sourcecode) they might have recreated the form that posts a reply. To do that, you only need to see what fields and what data with what names they use to post the data. Next, the posted text data is altered by script before posting it.It is actually quite simple, remake the form of the Post Reply page, and alter the content of the input data by what you want (ie in this case the prefix "user feedback")You then only need to supply a link to that form as eg an attachment, to direct the users to your new form, and the data will be posted in the topic that was defined in the form by hidden data.