Printed Ver. of W3Schools

Guest Linn

To be honest this is the best web tutorial site I ever seen, so why not make some of the content printed that we can avoid the restriction of the Internet.Please, just make a printed version of some references with some examples. This is the first time I against things to be free...P.S. I had to download the entire web site with OFFLINEBROWSER, and paste the references all together to make my own 'printed version', that's really time costed, but of course, for personal use only.

Linn,Thank you for supporting w3schools.com. As Dan more directly points out, this topic has come up several times in the past. The site owners do not have an interest in offering any of the tutorials they have maintained on any off-line format.The internet, in fact, is less restrictive than print, as you you claim. The website allows the user to interact (in real time) with the tutorials. Print and even CD version would be static in nature since they would not be able to use server technologies like php and asp. Offline versions cost more money to publish since there are fees related to printing and distributing - the only fees are limited to hosting and domain name fees. These costs are much more easily recovered with the google ads that you see at the top of the pages.As much as the owners would love to accommodate every suggestion, this would be one that would not be profitable at all.Thank you for visiting, welcome to the forums. We hope to see you around.Dan, please try to be more welcoming to our new members.