window.open

Guest systech44

Guest systech44

When I am using open() then I need to set the width and height. But I would not like to set them. What I want is to get the window's size is of my current window's size and I do not want that to open in a separate window. If I need to change the location of the file how should I make it. Please show me.

I'm lost... I don't really understand what you want. Anyway, you don't need to set height/width when using open().To find out the current window size, I have some code, I'm not sure if it's working:

// Simple Browser Check//var moz = (document.getElementById && !document.all) ? 1 : 0;var dom = (document.getElementById) ? true : false;var ie5 = ((navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE")>-1) && dom) ? true : false;var ie4 = (document.all && !dom) ? true : false;if (ie5 && ie4)	moz = true;	else	moz = false;// Browser Window Dimensionsfunction winWid(){ return (moz) ? window.innerWidth : document.body.clientWidth; }function winHei(){ return (moz) ? window.innerHeight : document.body.clientHeight; }<script>// Example Usevar displaywitdh = winWid();var displayheight = winHei();goodHeight = displayheight-181;//alert('Width = '+displaywitdh+' : Height = '+displayheight);// orig height=846 </script>

I do not want that to open in a separate window. If I need to change the location of the file how should I make it.
How about <a> ?