convert xml

Guest Ann

Hi I wanna convert xml file like <html> <body> <h1>Chapter 1</h1> <p>Then with expanded wings he steers his flight</p> <p>Aloft, incumbent on the dusky Air</p> <h2>Chapter 1, Section 1</h2> <p>That felt unusual weight, till on dry Land</p> <p>He lights, if it were Land that ever burned</p> </body></html> to a new xml format file <chapter> <section> <title>Chapter 1</title> <para>Then with expanded wings he steers his flight</para> <para author="ar">Aloft, incumbent on the dusky Air</para> </section> <section><title>Chapter 1, Section 1</title> <para>That felt unusual weight, till on dry Land</para> <para>He lights, if it were Land that ever burned</para> </section></chapter> I have tried several ways, but all failed. Does anyone could help me, or give me some suggestion. Thanks.

Well, you don't have anything complicated, so the easiest thing to do is simple mapping:

<xsl:template match="oldElementName"><newElementName><xsl:apply-templates/></newElementName></xsl:template>

However, I don't understand how would you know the author of the second para? I mean it isn't written anywhere in the input.

• 4 weeks later...