CSS Customization

Guest Reena

Hi,I have provided various css for text boxes, tabs, buttons, etc. To finalize the classes to be used, I need to check out combinations of these css (for different components).Is there a mechanism where I can drive the customization using some configuration file. I want my file to be a text file, something like -Component1 : CSS to be usedComponent2 : CSS to be usedComponent3 : CSS to be used......Changing the CSS name here should be sufficient to load the page with the required class.Is this possible using combination of CSS and Javascript ?ThanksReply With Quote

It's possible with XML and XSLT I think. But you'll have to use XML file instead. Your file will look something like:

<css><component>1 CSS to be used</component><component>2 CSS to be used</component><component>3 CSS to be used</component></css>

Then, with XSLT, you can transform that into an XHTML equivalent:

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="1 CSS to be used" /><link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="2 CSS to be used" /><link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="3 CSS to be used" />

Or a CSS equivalent:

@import url('1 CSS to be used');@import url('2 CSS to be used');@import url('3 CSS to be used');

Or even both, but that's not usefull here :).That is what you want, right? If not, what do you mean? Any example in code?