Avoid the save and copy of the downloaded content

padmapraveen_vasili

Hi all,i have some data in PDF file formatt in my application.when ever users click on it, i want the file to open for them with only OPEN option on the pop up window.i dont want it show the "SAVE" option for the file. that is only read and they can canot save the file on to the disk or to any other data storing devices.my applictaion is built on java and uses struts framework. i hope to receive many good responses for my query.Life is just to play...shh... learn always how to play...thanx in advace.PadmaPraveen.V

I don't think it's possible, and there's no point for it either. Choosing Open means to download the file in the download folder set for the browser and open it when it is finished. So the file is still downloaded, 'save' just prompts the user to specify the destination folder.Practicaly anything that is shown on the screen can be stolen, any images or texts.

I don't think it's possible, and there's no point for it either. Choosing Open means to download the file in the download folder set for the browser and open it when it is finished. So the file is still downloaded, 'save' just prompts the user to specify the destination folder.Practicaly anything that is shown on the screen can be stolen, any images or texts.
...any how i got a reply finally.but friend..i was told by some people like you that, it can be done but it takes a ling time to disable these options at the browser level.for example there are site where right click of mouse is not allowed..any how it is ajava script validation only.iam looking for a solution for these..of course i am not expecting the whole code.so please forwad my issue to your friends nearby. and help me..thanx in advance.