Using Link Pseudo-classes with Imagemaps

Rich57

Here I have an HTML file containing an imagemap (my garden) and link styles in the embedded style sheet. There are no link styles in the external style sheet yet.First I tried the pseudo-classes for all links, which worked for the navigation links to left and right but not for the links in the imagemap. I also tried targeting a:link to a class "maplink" in the first <area> but again no effect.The effect I am looking for is for the clickable zones on the garden map to adopt the colour of the flowers/berries when hovered and when visited.This page is part of a CIT 124 assignment to test my knowledge of HTML & CSS. Is this effect possible using HTML/CSS?

Here I have an HTML file containing an imagemap (my garden) and link styles in the embedded style sheet. There are no link styles in the external style sheet yet.First I tried the pseudo-classes for all links, which worked for the navigation links to left and right but not for the links in the imagemap. I also tried targeting a:link to a class "maplink" in the first <area> but again no effect.The effect I am looking for is for the clickable zones on the garden map to adopt the colour of the flowers/berries when hovered and when visited.This page is part of a CIT 124 assignment to test my knowledge of HTML & CSS. Is this effect possible using HTML/CSS?
:) If it's a test, we shouldn't help you :) . Just give the tester what you know :). Just to let you know, if whoever is giving you the test is going to be looking at this page, they won't see any of the images because you have all the image sources set to files on your computer that nobody else's computer has. Try uploading the images to the internet using imageshack.us or freeimagehosting.net or something like that.

Even if anyone was willing to help, you are using local file paths, making it impossible for your images to load. Remove your <base> tag. That's what messes the things up.

Even if anyone was willing to help, you are using local file paths, making it impossible for your images to load. Remove your <base> tag. That's what messes the things up.
Very sorry, listers, beginner's error. I had two alternative <base> tags in place, but forgot to change them over! This is done now. Also I made sure that all images are uploaded.I'd appreciate any guidance you can offer. I'm also getting help from my tutor and I don't think there's an issue with outside help - he's often referring me to web forums and articles.