Columns - new to CSS

Krigsforum

Hi all!I hope I can get some help here. Usually I use html and tables but now I installed Wordpress blog which I use as my homepage and it uses php and css which is kind of new to me. What I want to do is to move the whole page to the far left, which I am able to do by doing this in the css file:

body {	background:#fff;	color:#666;	font:small arial,verdana,sans-serif;	text-align:left}

And now I want to add a "column" to the right of that body where I can put adds. Kind of like this swedish newspaper page www.aftonbladet.se but I have no idea whatsoever how to do this.My page is here www.krigsforum.se

Unfortunatly, with CSS based layouts, adding a column is harder then realigning the stuff.But before you decide to turn your WordPress blog into a table based site, let me say that's the proper way to do things.I suggest you find yourself a new WordPress theme with 3 columns. I think there may be some.But 3 column layouts (in general) are called "The Holly Grail" of web design, because they are the hardest to achieve, yet the most desired ones.

Unfortunatly, with CSS based layouts, adding a column is harder then realigning the stuff.But before you decide to turn your WordPress blog into a table based site, let me say that's the proper way to do things.I suggest you find yourself a new WordPress theme with 3 columns. I think there may be some.But 3 column layouts (in general) are called "The Holly Grail" of web design, because they are the hardest to achieve, yet the most desired ones.
So basically I am screwed? First time I hear that you are limited when it comes to web designing. I thought anything was possible. :)

I haven't said it's impossible, nor limited. It's just that IE has a lot of problems that hold designers back. The specification is already flexible enough to allow you to easily add a third column. Search for "CSS layouts" and you'll get what you need. How to adopt it for WordPress is another question though.

I haven't said it's impossible, nor limited. It's just that IE has a lot of problems that hold designers back. The specification is already flexible enough to allow you to easily add a third column. Search for "CSS layouts" and you'll get what you need. How to adopt it for WordPress is another question though.
Yes but does it have to have anything to do with Wordpress? I dont want to integrate it to wordpress, I just want to be able to add ads to the right of the page.

Well, then download another theme, but use it only as a reference to what you need to do, to add a new column to your existing theme. Or (the easier way) apply the theme and change the original images to your existing images, so the look and feel of the current page could be preserved.Either that, or you'll have to get your hands dirty and figure out another holly grail scheme.