Loop through Parents?

utahcon

I am trying to determine the how my page is called, and I know I can use document.referrer, but I am getting mixed results when my site is framed.What I would like to do, and it may not be the best way (I am open to suggestion) is loop up through parent.document.location (or parent.document.referrer) and capture that information.How can I loop through this? I have tried making a loop to write out parent.parent.document. for as many as there are, but it isnt doing this properly.Can you help?

try something like this

var pageHistory = Array();var i = 0;while(parent.document != null) //or undefined play with this value{   pageHistory[i] = parent.document.referrer;   i++;}

This should give you a list of the path the user took to get to your page in reverse order.

try something like this
var pageHistory = Array();var i = 0;while(parent.document != null) //or undefined play with this value{   pageHistory[i] = parent.document.referrer;   i++;}

This should give you a list of the path the user took to get to your page in reverse order.

How far back does that run? How does it move up the levels? As I see it it would just return the same results over and over, probably in an infinite loop.