Problems setting value on a input type=text

Scrier

I have a problem with the following code:

$getitemquery=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM tradeitems WHERE itemid='".$_GET['itemid']."'");		$getitem=mysql_fetch_array($getitemquery);		echo "			<div class=\"header\">				<h1>EDIT AN TRADEITEM</h1>		";		echo "				<form name=additem method=post action=addtradeitem.php?action=edit&itemid=".$_GET['itemid'].">					<table border=0>						<tr>							<td width=150>Item name:</td>							<td><input type=text name=itemname size=60 value=".$getitem['itemname']."></td>						</tr>

that if the name contains a space character (" "), it only shows the first part of the name, like George Bush only displays as George. I guess I need to replace space with some symbol but well, i'm kinda limited in my knowledge of html and why the value is not showing correctly.

huh? No you dont... anyways, im guessing your talking selecting from the url or something? If you want spaces in things like tables or something the char. code is %20, so just use one of those for one space. But where are you getting this error at?, that code is only for spaces in the url.

No it is not in the url but in the form.

$getitemquery=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM tradeitems WHERE itemid='".$_GET['itemid']."'");		$getitem=mysql_fetch_array($getitemquery);		  ...							<td><input type=text name=itemname size=60 value=".$getitem['itemname']."></td>						</tr>

Error.GIFThere is an example where it should say Lady Elizabeth... but it shops down the string to only the first word if I have spaces.nm.. I found out what it was. I forgot to put the string inside '' like this

<td><input type=text name=itemname size=60 value='".$getitem['itemname']."'></td>

$getitemquery=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM tradeitems WHERE itemid='".$_GET['itemid']."'");		$getitem=mysql_fetch_array($getitemquery);		echo "			<div class=\"header\">				<h1>EDIT AN TRADEITEM</h1>		";		echo "				<form name=additem method=post action=addtradeitem.php?action=edit&itemid=".$_GET['itemid'].">					<table border=0>						<tr>							<td width=150>Item name:</td>							<td><input type=\"text\" name=\"itemname\" size=\"60\" value=\"".$getitem['itemname']."\"></td>						</tr>

That should do it.

Oh, forgot qoutes, lol I hate when that happens. FYI: you might want to try and always add quotes, 1. its valid html 2. If you dont it causes errors like this3. Its alot easier to read