Float/Margin Error with IE

Shadows

Hi guys, I'm in the process of learning css however upon adopting the approach of using div tags instead of tables, I'm having trouble with one column. I'm using a traditional design with left, mid and right column.Its the middle column thats giving me a problem. To make the containers, I am using the following css code.

#leftcol {	float: left;	margin: 10px 0 0 10px;	width: 20%;	height: 150px;	border-top: 1px solid #393939;	border-left: 1px solid #393939;	border-right: 1px solid #393939;	border-bottom: 1px solid #393939;	padding:}#midcol {	float: none;	margin: 10px auto 0 auto;	width: 54%;	height: 150px;	border-top: 1px solid #393939;	border-left: 1px solid #393939;	border-right: 1px solid #393939;	border-bottom: 1px solid #393939;}#rightcol {	float: right;	margin: -152px 10px 0 0;	width: 20%;	height: 150px;	border-top: 1px solid #393939;	border-left: 1px solid #393939;	border-right: 1px solid #393939;	border-bottom: 1px solid #393939;}

It displays perfectly in ff and opera however IE doesnt render it correctly. I've done alot of searching and found something very similar such as using display: inline; however this completely breaks the display.Below is a screenshot of the containers in Ie, can anyone help or give a suggestion?http://www.wjdev.net/table.gif<<removed tags because of image stretching the screen. Click the link to see the screenshot.>>

Edited by Jonas

Try and make all your floats "left".

#leftcol, #midcol, #rightcol {  float: left;  border: 1px solid #393939;  height: 150px;}#leftcol {	margin: 10px 0 0 10px;	width: 20%;}#midcol {	margin: 10px auto 0 auto;	width: 54%;}#rightcol {	margin: -152px 10px 0 0;	width: 20%;}

I have not tested that, try it and see if it works. You might need to adjust your margins and/or widths a little.

ok thanks, I got it working but now I have a new problem, I want to make tables in each column using css but heres my result.left_blocks.jpgAs you can see, I want the blocks seated underneath each other in their respective column.

<div id="leftcol">			<div id="sidecontainer">	<span class="title">Site Nav</span>		<div id="line"></div>			-- <a href="/home" title="Home">Home</a><br />			-- <a href="/faq" title="FAQ">FAQ</a><br />			-- <a href="/about" title="Contact">About</a><br />			-- <a href="/contact" title="Contact">Contact</a><br />			-- <a href="/linkus" title="Link to us">Link Us</a><br />			-- <a href="/topsites" title="Top Sites">Top Sites</a><br />			-- <a href="/stats" title="Stats">Statistics</a><br />			-- <a href="/webmasters" title="Web Masters">Web Masters</a><br />			-- <a href="/users_list" title="Members List">Members List</a><br />			-- <a href="/b_affiliate" title="Voting Booth">Become Affiliate</a><br />		</div>	</div>				<div id="sidecontainer">	<span class="title">Second Left Block</span>		<div id="line"></div>			Under first block		</div>	</div>			</div>

Here is the code I'm using for the sidecontainer

#sidecontainer {	padding: 3px;	border-bottom: 1px solid #C0C0C0;	border-top: 1px solid #C0C0C0;	border-left: 1px solid #C0C0C0;	border-right: 1px solid #C0C0C0;	background-color: #F2F2F2;}