Qualification

Guest cococo

I am developing a web site where I need to provide access to lots of web developers skills. The problem I have is if I list web developers, how do I know their skill level and ability. Is there a standard qualification i can ask for. Is there a list of web developers that have passed the w3schools certification?

there is no public list as far as I know.It is hard to measure a web developers skills. Some are self taught and have to formal training but yet are awesome while I know "web developers" with a degree that can't program crap.The most common way to measure that I have seen is to ask for certifications as a side note and mainly focus on experience in each area (time frame, 1 or 2 years, etc) as well as ask for examples of work. Ultimately there finished product is the most important way to measure their skill.

In addition to skills experience and examples of work, make sure both are rating on some scale. Larger organizations actually have developers take tests (verbal or written) - might find something online as well. To measure skills, you can ask things specific to the programming language you require. For instance, in Cold Fusion, you might ask what file you would use to assign variables that would be accessible throughout an application. The hsort answer is application.cfm but a more experienced applicant would also offer using a <cfinclude> file as an alternate. The secret to this is asking a question that has a text book answer but could have an alternate "real world" solutions that is different. With respect to examples of work or learning of the applicants portfolio - be sure to find out what percentage of the work is theirs - and to explain it. Many developers will say they worked on xxxxx.com and unless you look at the site and then ask what they did, you'll never know they were contracted to build a web form and nothing else.