Directories With Special Characters

cyber0ne

This is probably a simple one, but so far my searches have turned up no answer...I use "$fileHandle = opendir($directoryPath);" in a function to open a directory on my server (after which time, I will iterate through the files and put certain ones into an array). Normally, this works fine, but testing has found that it errors out when the $directoryPath contains a single quote (or potentially any of a short list of special characters, but so far this is the only one that's been found in testing).The error is:opendir([DIRECTORY_NAME]) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory(of course, replace [DIRECTORY_NAME] with the actual directory name)One thing of note is that, in the error, it looks like it inserts the slash before the single quote automatically (and, of course, when I tried wrapping it in addslashes() it just doubled up on the slashes).Any ideas what I need to do here? I know the directory exists, that part's been triple-checked. It's found earlier in the script by using the same function to list all directories in the current directory. I can iterate up and down the entire tree, and the only directories that give me trouble are, without exception, the ones with a single-quote in the name.

use stripslashes() instead of addslashes...addslashes escapes characters that would normally not be printed out to the browser. So addslashing a slash, means that the slash originally there would be echoed instead of just the punctation mark.And opendir is nice, but kinda long. use glob();

<?php$globText = "directoryName/*;foreach(glob($globText) as $value){echo $value."<br/>\n";}This will find every file under the directory "directoryName';?>