Background image positioning IE x Firefox

Guest K0k1man

Guest K0k1man

Hi,I need to place a background graphic inside a DIV. I need this graphic to be vertically aligned to the bottom left of this DIV. The code I have is:#MainArea { background: #f3f9df url('/SWCode/cms_images/DL/WI/DLWI_SP_MainBG_GR.jpg') no-repeat fixed bottom left; }works OK in IE but it goes totally off in Firefox.... any suggestions? :)

im having a similar problem with my myspace code... wtf is up with that?myspace.com/lickityspliffyou dont see the header problem now because i have made a dirty fix with the picture but the position changes when loading the same page in firefox vs IE

I quote the w3 entry on CSS Background-attachment Property:

The background-attachment property sets whether a background image is fixed or scrolls with the rest of the page.scroll: The background image moves when the rest of the page scrollsfixed: The background image does not move when the rest of the page scrolls.
Your problem is in using the "fixed" tag. Delete it, and the image will stick to the bottom of the DIV box.If this doesn't solve your problem, then it's probably because I imagined your problem to be different from what it is. In that case, if you can show me a live example of where the problem occurs, I can be more useful.