ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0 FormatCurrency Problem

kwilliams

I have a site that uses the FormatCurrency method in ASP.NET 1.1 in the following way:strTax = FormatCurrency(strTax)We just installed ASP.NET 2.0 on this server, and I now receive the following error message:Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.Source Error:Line 323: strTax = Left(strTax, Len(strTax) - 6) & "," & Right(strTax, 6)Line 324: End IfLine 325: strTax = FormatCurrency(strTax) '<<---Problem codeLine 326: 'Format special taxLine 327: If Len(strSpec_tax) > 2 Then So if anyone can help me to change my code so that the FormatCurrency method is used in the proper way for ASP.NET 2.0, that would be great. Thanks for any help.

I've solved the problem by adding the following if statement around the problem code:If strTax <> 0 Then If Len(strTax) > 2 Then strTax = Left(strTax, Len(strTax) - 2) & "." & Right(strTax, 2) End If If Len(strTax) > 6 Then strTax = Left(strTax, Len(strTax) - 6) & "," & Right(strTax, 6) End IfEnd IfstrTax = FormatCurrency(strTax)The original code couldn't handle a zero value, so this solved the problem. Thanks anyway.