HTML help

davidpearse

Hello everyone. I've just started learning html, and so I'm not that familiar with the ins and outs it. I'd like to ask a few questions, if you don't mind.1. How can I create a navigation bar? I tried the tutorial on this site, but it didn't seem to work too well.The background colour on the website I'm working on is black, and I'd like it to blend in with it if at all possible.2. Is there any way I can add sounds to certain pages, so that when one opens, a sound plays? Also, are there any good webistes where I can get sounds like that?Thanks for your time, and if I think of any more questions, I might post them up.Sorry for being a n00b :)EDIT: Also, can I change the colour of text in a hyperlink? Or do I have to create buttons in flash or something?

vertical

<ul class="vmenu"><li><a href="url">link</a></li><li><a href="url">link</a></li><li><a href="url">link</a></li><li><a href="url">link</a></li></ul>

Horizontal

<ul class="hmenu"><li><a href="url">link</a></li><li><a href="url">link</a></li><li><a href="url">link</a></li><li><a href="url">link</a></li></ul>

CSS

.vmenu{	list-style: none;}.hmenu li{	display: inline;}