Question

ajw

Hi,I'm new to doing web pages and had a question I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with. I'm wanting to make a contact us page on my site that has forms that visitors can fill in with their information. I want it to be stored so I can look at it retrieve it later. I'm just not sure what to use JavaScript?asp? Thanks in advance.

well, javascript is a client side language that will not allow you to save anything that you will be able to review. then, the crudest method is to use "mailto:" but I've eluded to why that is not favorable to use in other posts.so, to answer your questions, you should use a server side scripting language like php, asp or coldfusion. This will allow you to capture the information posted in the form. Now, here are your options from that point. You can e-mail in the information to yourself, you can save it to a database, or you can safe it in a file (text or xml for instance) that stays on your server. Each language has its own way of performing these tasks, you'll have to review the tutorials on that.

well, javascript is a client side language that will not allow you to save anything that you will be able to review. then, the crudest method is to use "mailto:" but I've eluded to why that is not favorable to use in other posts.so, to answer your questions, you should use a server side scripting language like php, asp or coldfusion. This will allow you to capture the information posted in the form. Now, here are your options from that point. You can e-mail in the information to yourself, you can save it to a database, or you can safe it in a file (text or xml for instance) that stays on your server. Each language has its own way of performing these tasks, you'll have to review the tutorials on that.
Thank you for your help. I will see what I can do.