New tab please, if available

kingsize

I want tabs please! New windows are ok, but tabs would be better.target="_blank" works well for opening a new window, as does target="_new"I read that I had to add a little something to my stylesheet:

If a user wanted to have new windows open in new tabs instead, she could use the following user style sheet to do so: * { target-new: tab ! important }
But it didn't work, so I added it to body {target-new: tab ! important } and a {target-new: tab ! important }, just to be sure but with no luck.Is there a way to do it using html/css? No javascript. If so, can you provide a working example with html and css? Thanks.

target-new only specifies that if the link is opened in a new object, if it should be opened in a new tab, new window, or none (don't display it). It defaults to window. But it doesn't say to open the link in a new object, just if it is, what to use. Try this instead:target: new tab;But, considering that part of the CSS3 spec is from February 2004, don't expect a ton of support for it (IE7 only supports CSS3 color names).Actually, from what I can tell it doesn't look like anything supports the target properties. Sorry, check back in a few years.