Image Preview

Skemcin

Has anyone successfully found/used a Java applet that will load an image then change it from color to black/white to sepia tone?If so, can you point me where I can get it and any pointers that you might offer as a result of your experience?Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the articles - they do address what I need to do - functionally.I'm not working in a .NET environment unfortunately. The reason I was hoping to come across a java applet is because I am working on a site for a photo printing lab and each image in the online gallery needs to be diplayed as color, b&w, and sepia - I need to avoid saving an image of each tone - that immediately triples the hard drive space used.I'll try some more googling I guess . . . great articles though - thanks.

Thanks for the articles - they do address what I need to do - functionally.
No problem. I've been wanting to make a script that does what you are asking so I've done a little research on it. Problem is that I just don't have the time to do it when I'm not getting paid for it! :) I just found this link. They appear to have a Java library (as well as PHP and others). It might help. Haven't looked too much into it to see if they do filters (sepia, b&w, etc) though.Here's the link: http://imagemagick.org/script/index.php

how many hours do you think you would need to build it?
Oh, I'm not looking for work. I'm saying that I want to build one for myself but I sit at this desk and write code all day and the last thing I want to do is go home and write more code. :) Maybe when/if things cool down here.If I were to build it, though, rough estimate would be about 30 to 40 hours.