Send info from a form to a php page

magicadmin

Hi all,I want to send some info from a form to a php page without reloading the page,I have tried some AJAX but its not 100% right, it works some of the time but some times its crashing out my server, it make my CPU run at 100% so i think there is a big bug in it.

var xmlHttpfunction clearwall(){var url="./includes/graffiti.php?painttext=&adminreset=1&userwallwiped=1"xmlHttp=GetXmlHttpObject(wallstateChanged)xmlHttp.open("POST", url , true)xmlHttp.send(null)} function wallstateChanged() { if (xmlHttp.readyState==4 || xmlHttp.readyState=="complete"){ wipegraffitiwall()} } function GetXmlHttpObject(handler){ var objXmlHttp=nullif (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE")>=0){ var strName="Msxml2.XMLHTTP"if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE 5.5")>=0){strName="Microsoft.XMLHTTP"} try{ objXmlHttp=new ActiveXObject(strName)objXmlHttp.onreadystatechange=handler return objXmlHttp} catch(e){ alert("Error. Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled") return } } if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla")>=0){objXmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest()objXmlHttp.onload=handlerobjXmlHttp.onerror=handler return objXmlHttp}}

Dose any one know how to do this or whats up with my ajax??Thanks all

Since you aren't actually POSTing any code to your PHP page, you might try using GET instead. Try changing your code from:

xmlHttp.open("POST", url , true)xmlHttp.send(null)

to:

xmlHttp.open("GET", url , true);xmlHttp.send("");

Since you aren't actually POSTing any code to your PHP page, you might try using GET instead. Try changing your code from:
xmlHttp.open("POST", url , true)xmlHttp.send(null)

to:

xmlHttp.open("GET", url , true);xmlHttp.send("");

Done that but i still have the same problem

What is the code for your wipegraffitiwall() function?And what happens if you just visit ./includes/graffiti.php?painttext=&adminreset=1&userwallwiped=1?

What is the code for your wipegraffitiwall() function?And what happens if you just visit ./includes/graffiti.php?painttext=&adminreset=1&userwallwiped=1?
The wipegraffitiwall() code is=
// Wipe wall refresh function.function wipegraffitiwall() {	rfsh = new Date(); rfsh = "?"+rfsh.getTime()	document.images["graffitiwall"].src = "<?php echo $graffiti_image; ?>?"+rfsh	toggleLayer('hiddenLayerLoad');}

It makes an image with the url in it lol...But it dose wipe the wall clean like its ment to.The problem is not all the time its only some times..Try itGraffiti Wall link