Having a section of the page not scroll with the rest?

iPenguin

Hello,Sorry if this is a really dumb question.. I want to have a navigation bar at the bottom of a page and have it not move, while the rest of the page scrolls. I don't want to use frames because I need the nav bar to change. Is there a way to do this using CSS? Thanks for any help you can give!-iPenguin

How about something like this:

<html><head><style type="text/css">#Main { height: 90%; overflow: auto; background-color: #c00;}#Bottom { height: 10%; background-color: #0cc; }</style></head><body>  <div id="Main">Main Content</div>  <div id="Bottom">Bottom</div></body></html>

The major flaw with this though would be the percentages used for the heights. This makes the bottom section grow/shrink depending on the size of the browser window. Benefit is that the main section scrolls while the bottom section stays put.

Thanks jesh,I tried something like that out and it wasn't working the way I wanted... It scrolled properly but I'd prefer the bottom bar to be a fixed size. Would it be easier to keep it one size and have the top scroll if I use an image for the nav bar?Thanks again,-Pascal

OK, how about this?

<html><head><style type="text/css">body { margin: 0px; padding-bottom: 60px; }#Main { height: 100%; overflow: auto; background-color: #c00; }#Bottom { height: 60px; width: 100%; background-color: #0cc; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; }.Content { margin: 6px 12px; }</style></head><body><div id="Main">  <div class="Content">Main Content Goes Here</div></div><div id="Bottom">  <div class="Content">Bottom Content Goes Here</div></div></body></html>