creating round button

Mark_M

Hello all,I was reading this tutorial herehere...tab menuIm using their example and trying to create a round button. I have both end caps, which is working fine but I would like to have an image in the center as well (since I have a gradient effect applied to my end caps) so that the center has the gradient as well. I cant figure this one out. I only have been using css for a little bit now, so Im still learning.Heres the code I have so far...

<head>	<style type="text/css">	#navigation a	{	color: #000;	background: #fb0 url("tab-orange-left2.gif") left top no-repeat;	text-decoration: none;	padding-left: 10px	}     #navigation a span   {   background: url("tab-orange-right2.gif") right top no-repeat;   padding-right: 10px   }     #navigation a:hover {   color: #fff;   background: #2166A4 url("tab-blue-left2.gif") left top no-repeat;   text-decoration: none;   padding-left: 10px   }       #navigation a:hover span   {   background: url("tab-blue-right2.gif") right top no-repeat;   padding-right: 10px   }   </style>   </head>     <div id="navigation"><a href="/"><span>Home</span></a></div>

And to take it one step further, how about adding 3 images underneath the button(will be for shadow). I’m trying to break out of the table habit and do layouts with css. Heres how I would do it in a table..

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr height="34"><td width="18" background ="big_button_left.gif"></td><td width="401"background ="big_button_mid.gif">button text</td><td width="18" background ="big_button_right.gif"></td></tr><tr height="8"><td width="8" background ="big_button_left_shadow.gif"></td><td width="484"background ="big_button_mid_shadow.gif"></td><td width="8" background ="big_button_right_shadow.gif"></td></tr></table>

Thanks,Mark