Table Spaces in Firefox vs. IE 5.5

adhilde

I have been coding HTML for a few years now, and I can not believe I do not know the answer to this question... How can I get my html table to have no gap between table cells in IE 5.5? I have it working on Firefox. I even resorted to using GoLive from the Adobe CS2 suite. It displays properly in GL and Firefox. IE just puts a few pixels between my table rows. This disrupts the images that I have placed in these cells. I may be able to get this sample up to a live server some time in the next 24 hours, but if anyone knows why I am beating my head agains MS IE 5.5, please post to me. Here is an image of my problem in both IE5.5 and Firefox. I like how it looks in Firefox. tablerows.JPG Thanks.

Are you using tables? If you are, have you tried collapsing your table borders, reducing your padding and margins?I know I've some trouble with something very similar to that using tables. It was solved with a little css code.:)edit: My bad, you are using tables.

I have checked and rechecked that my margins are set to "0" and to my knowledge, I hav collapsed my borders. If you would like to elaborate on how this is done, I can verify that too. As is shown in the image provided in the post, I have it working for Firefox. I just need to get this working in IE. I am making this site live later today (if possible) for customer use. My client ( :) my sister) is trying to get her career off the ground as a musician. I don't want her site to look dumb because I have a standardization problem causing artifacts to all IE users who visit her site.On that topic, I had the site inspected by a syntax checking tool for all non-standard code so I could make it more compatible with all browsers. It came up clean after a few corrections. According to the Adobe GoLive syntax checker, this should have no errors or non-standard code. So, I can not imagine at this point what I am doing wrong.Thanks for the help. Please post me more ideas. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Try using this code, it helped me a while ago to make whitespace disapear on a crosswork...
<style>td img {  display: block;}</style>

This fixed it. Thanks so much for that code segment. I don't know why, but something so simple could do so much good.