IE problems

Blum

Hi,I am designing a website and I've received reports of it not showing up in IE while it works fine in Firefox. The problem is I am not using anything strange. My site validates az XHTML Transitional and my css validates as well. While I am aware of IE having bad support for standards I've heard that while it's buggy it was usable. The only things I used that are not found on every single website are <div> and <object> tags. Could it have anything to do with them? Or is it a css problem?Any tips?My site is located at http://www.ling.gu.se/eiworkplace/

You're using the <object> tag to call for your headers/footers, I guess IE doesn't support it at that level. Have you tried replacing it with php Include?

I did it! I dowloaded the page and attempted it to display it offline. it didn't worked. Commented the objects. Didn't worked either. Commented the stylesheet and script... worked... "WTF" you say? Me too. Then, I uncommented only the stylesheet and it worked. So, the reason it doesn't work is because of the script....Turn the form of <script /> to <script></script>. It seems IE7 doesn't support the "/" quirk properly (which is a standart SGML behaviour actually).

I did it! I dowloaded the page and attempted it to display it offline. it didn't worked. Commented the objects. Didn't worked either. Commented the stylesheet and script... worked... "WTF" you say? Me too. Then, I uncommented only the stylesheet and it worked. So, the reason it doesn't work is because of the script....Turn the form of <script /> to <script></script>. It seems IE7 doesn't support the "/" quirk properly (which is a standart SGML behaviour actually).
Woah, thanks for all the help Didn't think it could be something that simple