Drop-Down with links opening in new window?

Agent Moose

I am trying to figure out how to open something in a new window when the value is in a drop-down menu...Here is my code...

<div align="center"><b>Listen To</b><form name="myMenu"><select name="menu"><option value="http://www.1club.fm/clubfm_media/v42.aspx?station=vradio>Variety Hits</option><option value="">deathwilldie</option><input type="button" onClick="top.location=document.myMenu.menu.options[document.myMenu.menu.selectedIndex].value;" value="Submit"></form>
This is the link I want to have open in a new window...http://www.1club.fm/clubfm_media/v42.aspx?station=vradioAlso I want it to open so the size of the window is:width=747height=462Anybody wanna help?

You could just use the:

target="_blank"

But as for changing the size, you will need to use JAVA I think, I will post an email that someone sent me about this...To be able to specify pretty much everything about the new window you need to try quite a bit harder, and use javascript.You need to put some code in the page header, exactly like this (don't take out any spaces or line breaks):

<script LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0   window.open(theURL,winName,features);}// --></SCRIPT>

And then, in the body of the page where you want the words "click here" to take you to a page called "filename.htm", you put:

<ahref="java script:MM_openBrWindow('filename.htm','filename','width=650,height=550,menubar=no,toolbar=no,status=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no')">click here </a>

Note that "filename" has to appear twice in the code - once to tell it where to go and again (without the ".htm") to give the whole procedure a name (it's a javascript thing!).Also note that this link specifies the width and height of the new window, that it should have a menu bar but no status bar or toolbar, and so forth. You can fiddle with all of those settings to your heart's content :-)

Right, I am not sure wether you put it in the right place, so here is an example...

<a target="_blank" href="imagegallery/038.html">

Also, the two codes that I sent you were for normal links so, I am not sure wether they will owrk in a drop down menu. :)

You might try a function like this:

<script type="text/javascript">function pop_window(url){	var properties = "height=462,width=747";	var window_name = "myNewWindow";	window.open(url,window_name,properties);}</script>

And then call it like this:

<input type="button" onclick="pop_window(document.myMenu.menu.options[document.myMenu.menu.selectedIndex].value);" value="Submit">

That doesn't work. This is how I have to code:

<script type="text/javascript">function pop_window(url){	var properties = "height=462,width=747";	var window_name = "myNewWindow";	window.open(url,window_name,properties);}</script><div align="center"><b>Listen To</b><form name="myMenu"><select name="menu" onchange="go(this, 1, false)"><option value="http://www.1club.fm/clubfm_media/v42.aspx?station=vradio">Variety Hits</option><option value="">deathwilldie</option><input type="button" onclick="pop_window(document.myMenu.menu.options[document.myMenu.menu.selectedIndex].value);" value="Submit">

Get rid of the onchange="go(this, 1, false)" in the select element. When the person clicks the submit button, the new window will open. Your code, with that modification, works for me in Firefox.