What's wrong with my CSS?

Guest Liron Tal

Guest Liron Tal

Hello,On another page I built I used two Div's: one for the Header and the other on for the Links-bar below the header. I tried to put backgroun color and to modify them using CSS and I couldn't find why I can't see the modifications I've made. I'm using an Explorer 6 browser. I put only the code for the two Div's and not the whole code. So what's wrong?(the horrible colors are just for the test, of course.)Thanks,Liron.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html><head><title> TEST PAGE</title><style type="text/css">		body {		margin:10px 10px 10px 10px;		}	#header {		position: absolute;		left:5%;		width:100%;		top:3px;		background:#A9A9A9;		border: dotted 5px;		}	#links 		 {		 position: absolute;		left:5%;		width:100%;		top:100px;		background:Blue;		border: double red 3px;		}</style></head><body>	  <div bgcolor  id="Header">	 			 <h1>  Header Strip</h1>	  </div>	  	  <div id="Links">			 		 <h1>Links</h1>	  </div>	 	 	 	 </body></html>

<div bgcolor  id="[b][color="red"]H[/color]eader[/b]">  <h1>Header Strip</h1></div><div id="[b][color="red"]L[/color]inks[/b]">  <h1>Links</h1></div>

You have capitalized your id's in your HTML, but didn't in your CSS. You should stick to lower case code to avoid this confusion.

<div bgcolor  id="Header">

Would you even need "bgcolor" when you're setting the color of the element using the id="header"? Wouldn't that make IE scratch it's pointy little head and not know what to do :)