XML Deletion

tvks

Hi,I had gone through the code in w3schools in the following addresshttp://www.w3schools.com/dom/met_element_removechild.aspI used it in my php program with a few minor modifications. My code is listed below:

<html><head><script type="text/javascript" src="loadxmldoc.js"> </script></head><body><script type="text/javascript">//check if the last node is an element nodefunction get_lastchild(n){var x=n.lastChild;while (x.nodeType!=1){x=x.previousSibling;}return x;}xmlDoc=loadXMLDoc("books.xml");document.write("Number of book nodes: ");document.write(xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName('book').length);document.write("<br />");var lastNode=get_lastchild(xmlDoc.documentElement);var delNode=xmlDoc.documentElement.removeChild(lastNode);document.write("Number of book nodes after removeChild(): ");document.write(xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName('book').length);</script></body></html>

When I executed this it is displaying me an output "Node removed: price" but there is no change in the file books.xml.Kindly help.Regards.