Table desciption in header

urroner

I am a newbie and couldn't find an help after some searches.I have the following code (it's been stripped for brevity):

<header>	.TableLayout {WIDTH="100%"; HEIGHT="50";}</header><body>   <table CLASS="TableLayout">	  do stuff   </table></body>

When I open it up in a browser, it's just like there in nothing in the header. What am I doing wrong and how can I correct it?

not sure exactly what you want to happen but I did this and "do stuff" shows up fine.</html><head> <style type="text/css"> .TableLayout {WIDTH="100%"; HEIGHT="50";}</style></head><body> <table CLASS="TableLayout"> do stuff </table></body></html>

When I tried the following, instead of getting the table going all the way across the page, the numbers just clumped up together:

<header>   <style type="text/css">	  .TableLayout {WIDTH="100%"; HEIGHT="50";}   </style></header><body>   <table CLASS="TableLayout">	  <tr>		 <td>1</td>		 <td>2</td>		 <td>3</td>	  </tr>   </table></body>

Your CSS isn't valid. Try this instead:

<head><style type="text/css">.TableLayout { width: 100%; height: 50px; }</style></head><body>   <table class="TableLayout">	  <tr>		 <td>1</td>		 <td>2</td>		 <td>3</td>	  </tr>   </table></body>

Notice that it is "head" rather than "header" and the properties and values in the CSS are separated by colons rather than equals signs. Additionally, you shouldn't put any quotes in the CSS.

Your CSS isn't valid. Try this instead:
<head><style type="text/css">.TableLayout { width: 100%; height: 50px; }</style></head><body>   <table class="TableLayout">	  <tr>		 <td>1</td>		 <td>2</td>		 <td>3</td>	  </tr>   </table></body>

Notice that it is "head" rather than "header" and the properties and values in the CSS are separated by colons rather than equals signs. Additionally, you shouldn't put any quotes in the CSS.

Well, thank you so much. It's the little things that got me.Again, thanks for the little tips.