page expired problem

xbl1

Hello; I am trying to understand a register code from the register.php of the http://www.evolt.org/article/comment/17/60265/index.html, it works properly. But i rechange the buttom part of the code, then i have some warning massages as following;n warning massage; The page cannot be refreshed without resending the information. Click retry to send the information again, or click Cancel to return to the page that you were trying to view Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you. To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button. The original code were

........ /** * Determines whether or not to show to sign-up form * based on whether the form has been submitted, if it * has, check the database for consistency and create * the new account. */ if(isset($_POST['subjoin'])){ /* Make sure all fields were entered */ if(!$_POST['user'] ¦¦!$_POST['pass']){ die('You didn\'t fill in a required field.'); } /* Spruce up username, check length */ $_POST['user'] = trim($_POST['user']); if(strlen($_POST['user']) > 30){ die("Sorry, the username is longer than 30 characters, please shorten it."); } /* Check if username is already in use */ if(usernameTaken($_POST['user'])){ $use = $_POST['user']; die("Sorry, the username: <strong>$use</strong> is already taken, please pick another one."); } /* Add the new account to the database */ $md5pass = md5($_POST['pass']); $_SESSION['reguname'] = $_POST['user']; $_SESSION['regresult'] = addNewUser($_POST['user'], $md5pass); $_SESSION['registered'] = true; echo "<meta http-equiv=\"Refresh\" content=\"0;url=$HTTP_SERVER_VARS[PHP_SELF]\">"; return; } else{ /** * This is the page with the sign-up form, the names * of the input fields are important and should not * be changed. */ ?> <html> <title>Registration Page</title> <body> <h1>Register</h1> <form action="<? echo $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'];?>" method="post"> <table align="left" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"> <tr><td>Username:</td><td><input type="text" name="user" maxlength="30"></td></tr> <tr><td>Password:</td><td><input type="password" name="pass" maxlength="30"></td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" align="right"><input type="submit" name="subjoin" value="Join!"></td></tr> </table> </form> </body> </html> <? } ?>

and after i rewrite to the following, i got page expired problem.

<? /** * Determines whether or not to show to sign-up form * based on whether the form has been submitted, if it * has, check the database for consistency and create * the new account. */ if(isset($_POST['subjoin'])){ /* Make sure all fields were entered */ if(!$_POST['user'] ¦¦!$_POST['pass']){ die('You didn\'t fill in a required field.'); } /* Spruce up username, check length */ $_POST['user'] = trim($_POST['user']); if(strlen($_POST['user']) > 30){ die("Sorry, the username is longer than 30 characters, please shorten it."); } /* Check if username is already in use */ if(usernameTaken($_POST['user'])){ $use = $_POST['user']; die("Sorry, the username: <strong>$use</strong> is already taken, please pick another one."); } /* Add the new account to the database */ $md5pass = md5($_POST['pass']); $_SESSION['reguname'] = $_POST['user']; $_SESSION['regresult'] = addNewUser($_POST['user'], $md5pass); $_SESSION['registered'] = true; echo "<meta name=\"Refresh\" content=\"0;url=$HTTP_SERVER_VARS[PHP_SELF]\">"; return; } ?> <html> <title>Registration Page</title> <body> <h1>Register</h1> <form action="<? echo $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'];?>" method="post"> <table align="left" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"> <tr><td>Username:</td><td><input type="text" name="user" maxlength="30"></td></tr> <tr><td>Password:</td><td><input type="password" name="pass" maxlength="30"></td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" align="right"><input type="submit" name="subjoin" value="Join!"></td></tr> </table> </form> </body> </html>

Could you tell me why i got this expired problem after i change code. Thanks

If you are re-submitting a page that has $_POST or $_GET information attached to it, the Browser issues these warnings. I don't know how or if you can lose the warning except perhaps issuing a header redirect back to the original page. Php may be required to do that.*edit*I am thinking there must be session information which is expired? maybe??? The session stuff isn't there in your code, so hard to tell.