What language to use for . . .

b0n3s

If I wanted to make a web page, but I wanted people to register and log in before they could see what I have on their, what language would I use to do that? I know html has the name slots and submit button, but how do I make it work for registering? Thanks :)

If I wanted to make a web page, but I wanted people to register and log in before they could see what I have on their, what language would I use to do that? I know html has the name slots and submit button, but how do I make it work for registering? Thanks :)
firstly you need to learn a server side language such as asp or php (i prefer asp) but others like phpthen you create a database, Access would proberly be a good place to start.Then you have a table called something like TblMembers.in that you have columns like thisUsernamePasswordEmailThen you write a script to collect the data from the html form (register page) and then you use a SQL Statement to insert that data into the database thus allowing them to login using the username, password they entered during registration.Of course you also need to learn about checking if the username already exists etc etc but thats the next step after you've learnt alot more than you do now.hope this helps.